For the final challenge of class, we will program our mBots to do battle in the SumoBot arena!
Here are the rules and specs:
- The arena will be a circle drawn in tape, about 66cm in diameter.
- The mBots must have a protective “bumper” in front to prevent damage to the line follower module.
- If a bot leaves or is pushed out of the arena (at least one wheel over the line) the opponent wins.
- A successful “charge” (robot accelerates and strikes opponent) scores 1 point.
- Rounds last 60 seconds or until ring out. A robot that moves after the round loses a point.
- In lieu of a ring-out, the robot with the most points wins.
- The winner of the previous obstacle course challenge receives a buy in the first round.